Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Adventures

We started our adventurous day by finding this little guy under our canoe . At least it wasn't the skunk that was there last week or the many rabbit babies that are always there..
We found this new absolutely beautiful place to canoe. Sydnie enjoyed her first canoe trip much better aftr she fell asleep. She even slept through all the excitement. We were paddling back to the cars and we saw an older couple in a canoe paddling towards us. We were about 5 feet away from them and chatting when they must have gone over an alligator and scared it. The alligator popped up under there canoe and smacked the side of it with its tail. The older guy got thrown right out of the canoe and then swam faster than anyone I have ever seen to get back in. They had paddles, seats, and shoes in the water we helped gather up and then we halped them bail water out of there canoe. They were quite shaken up. It was one of the most interesting things we have ever seen. I'm just glad it wasn't us.

5 comments:

Greg / Nancy said...

I'm glad it wasn't you also. Have you heard of that happening before? Everything has it's risks, even eating. If this place is so nice where are the pictures? Jess has pictures of what we did for labor day weekend.

mrp670 said...

My camera battery died and the spare was at home charging. The one picture I have I took on my phone and uploaded it to the internet. I have never heard of anyone getting hit by an alligator. I think it was a once in a life time chance to see.

Greg / Nancy said...

The guy that went in the water's facial expression was probably once in a lifetime.

Bryon Becca Zoey and Shelby said...

oh my goodness how scary!! i would have peed my pants!!

jfarnsworth said...

I told that story to Jeremy and his family and they got a kick out of it! I wish I was there to see a real live alligator out in the wild. That is the one thing I did not see. (I posted comments on previous blog posts since I am a slacker and do not get on blogs anymore, or update my own. So you will have to check them out!)