We headed out with our canoe since Mark has Good Friday off. There are small islands of trees all over this lake that wading birds make their nests in. In the spring it is the place to go to see thousands of birds up close.
This alligator was one of the biggest ones we have every seen, probably about 10 ft. He was swimming about 40-50 ft in front of us. Spring is also the best time to see big alligators because the males are all swimming up out of the water trying to show off their size to the females. Sorry the video is shaky. I was in a canoe with 2 squirmy s.
6 comments:
THe canoeing really looks like fun. I assume you are in the boat taking the pictures. SO . . how safe is it on the water with the big alligators nearby? I guess they don't do Jaws type stuff?
you guys are brave! i probably would have been crying and it probably is cuz i have seen jaws and who knows there could be an alligator like that
Alligators do not attack humans. I have been swimming on multiple occasions in close proximity to alligators. In fact there are 0 recorded deaths in the state of Texas from an alligator. You are more likely to get killed by a falling cocunut than by an alligator.
I'm going to take your word for that. I'm aso going to quit walking under coconut trees!
your all crazy! why didnt you jump in and swim next to him or maybe ride or lasso the alligator mark?? since you seem so tough :P
We're crazy? I think you guys are crazy. It is probably more dangerous to go swimming with Sarah than it is to go swimming with an alligator. At least you won't get blinded by an alligator.
Post a Comment