Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hiking at the Sam Houston National Forest


Can anyone name this plant? (Besides Dad Wolfley)
This is a great shaped tree. I asked Maddie if she was going to smile for the picture and she said no. I guess she was too busy with the granola bar.

Maddie lasted with her back pack about 1/3 of the way. I knew I would end up with it when I let her take it.
Sydnie thoroughly enjoys hikes. I'm sure we all would more if we traveled like her.

There were some guys selling stuff off the side of the road on the way home. We stopped and bought this bench for $39.95. We are going to stain it and put it outside the front door.

4 comments:

jfarnsworth said...

I definitely would love backpacking if someone hauled me around too! Thanks for the prego picture, you are so cute but not huge yet so I can't make fun of you! Is the plant stinging nettle???

Greg / Nancy said...

Perhaps I could take a guess Rhus Toxicodendron? Don't you hate it when kids tell the truth; "no, I don't want to smile". Now that looks like a forest! Nothing against swamps and alligators but that trail looks like the real deal.

Bryon Becca Zoey and Shelby said...

man i wish bryon would let me ride on his back! lucky sido and i was gonna guess it was poison ivy but do they even have that in texas? and ur belly is so cute!! :D

Kellie and Andy said...

Oh man you guys are so cute!! I love your little belly that just pokes out lol :)